Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Bacon's Journey Begins

I hate traveling. Don't tell Shenzi. While she loves to adventure, I need a little more coaxing. I'm perfectly content to sit in front of my computer for days on end making things.  I'm comfortable in my LA life, but I'm about to be viciously ripped away from the comfort that I know and love for 6 weeks.
Shenzi is drives me to LAX and all I can think is: last time I'll see my apartment, last time I'll see Venice, last time I'll see palm trees, last time I'll see that I-Hop on Sepulveda. I'm clearly a raging ball of anxiety about being away for so long, but this reinforces my decision to travel. It's too easy to get comfortable in everyday life, and I need an adventure.  It's important to constantly refresh our perspective on the world, and if you have the time and money to do it, why not?
Shenzi pulls up to LAX Terminal 7 and Beruit is playing on the raidio. I'm a teary mess knowing I'm about to part ways with Shenzi for what seems like forever. Shenzi tells me to suck it up and she'll see me in Germany in 3 weeks.
We say our goodbyes. 
That moment is hard, but once it passes, I put my gameface on. No turning back now. I walk into LAX ready for a crazy stretch of travel.  Here is the itinerary:

Tues: Redeye flight LAX -> CLE -> ERI
Wed-Thurs: Edinboro
Fri: Edinboro to Pittsburgh
Mon: Pittsburgh to New Brunswick
Tues: New Brunswick to Brooklyn
Wed: Redeye flight  JFK -> DUS
Thurs: Dusseldorf to Trier by train

Two weeks later, I will reconnect with Shenzi in Germany. Until then, I'm on my own and I'm going to live every second of it to the fullest.
I hate the traveling. I hate the anticipation.  But I'm ready for the adventure ahead. Let's get this show on the road. Peace out, Los Angeles. Smell ya LAter.  

Bring on Edinboro!

Love, 
Bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment