Monday, April 29, 2013

Dirty Jersey/NYC

Peace out Pittsburgh and off to New Brunswick. Saying goodbye to my mom is always the hardest and it never gets any easier.
Okay, maybe it's easier than a 6 hour car ride with Frank. Just kidding. If I can block out parts of the lectures and avoid talking about Barack Obama, driving with my dad isn't too bad. 
We make the long drive to New Jersey to visit my favorite sister, Krissy. We arrive just in time for us to do our favorite thing together: run. We go to a nearby park and Kris and I do a 3 mile run while our dad admires our awesomeness. 
We pick up some groceries and I cook them a post-run Mexican feast. (3rd non-southern California Mexican meal of this trip for anyone counting)
The next morning my dad left at 11am and let me take this opportunity to say that it's crazy to drive 12 hours in 2 days just to drop me off in New Jersey. But I know my ddd would drive twice that in one day if it meant spending time with his bi-costal daughters and I appreciate that.
Now things can get a little more exciting. Kris and I head into NYC. We take a train to Penn Station and the subway to Robin's Brooklyn apartment. 
Robin had to go to work, Kris and I decide to do our favorite activity again. Surprise! We go for a nice 5 mile run around Prospect Park.
We shower and then head into the city to meet Robin at a vegan restaurant in the village. I figure I should get one solid vegan meal in before I leave the States.
It was pretty delicious and walk to a nearby beer bar to wash it down. Robin would have to help me with the name of it but it's got a massive beer selection, reasonable prices, and terrible service. 
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that Robin's friend Jess joined us at the end of the night. So, shoutout to Jess: Hey, girl, hey! We get back to Brooklyn around 1 am and that officially concludes my last night in the states.  Leaving for Germany tomorrow!
-Bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment