Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Brooklyn: Bacon Leaves the US

My sister Kristen left Robin's Brooklyn apartment earlier than I can remember. She has a meeting in Manhattan at some company called Google, I think? What can I say, Kris is kinda awesome. Runs in the family.
Robin and I have the morning to spend together so we do our usual "Megan and Robin Brooklyn crap." This consists of getting vegetarian food and walking around until one of us has to be somewhere. We get awesome Vietnamese tofu sandwiches at Hanco's in Park Slope. We then make a trip to Brooklyn industries where, per usual, Robin finds the perfect purse and Megan leaves bitter and empty-handed.
By this time, Robin has to go to work and I have a plane to catch. This goodbye is special though because Robin is leaving New York to move back to Pittsburgh in the summer. This is likely our last Brooklyn rendevous for a while.
Since 2005 I've made a habit of coming to New York to visit Robin and enjoy my 2nd favorite city. But change happens and I'm sure we'll have many fun, vegetarian food-filled adventures back in my 3rd favorite city, Pittsburgh. 
Okay, so this whole leaving the country thing.... Shouldn't be too hard, right?
Take the R subway train to Atlantic, LIRR to Jamacia, Airtran to JFK, get through security, get on a plane. You know what that means: Ativan time! See ya in Germany!
-Bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment